Friday, June 20, 2008

Pancakes, Pancakes


Okay...so here's my idea for the weekend. This is what I'm going to do. My husband is going to help me..he doesn't know it yet, but he is! I'm going to buy the ingredients for some super healthy whole grain pancakes. Then I'm (code--we;re) going to start cooking. We have a griddle that is a hand-me-down from my dad. We're going to cook stacks and stacks of pancakes. Then, I'm going to freeze them in baggies--four per bag--two per child. This way, breakfast will be a breeze and oh, so much cheaper than buying a box of frozen Aunt Jemimas.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

While we're on the subject of pancakes, I found an amazingly easy, super-yummy, super-healthy pancake mix at Central Market. It's on the bottom-ish shelf of the pancake mix aisle and is a Sweet Potato pancake mix with real sweet potato and all natural ingredients...you just add water!! You could also make it healthier by adding a little ground flaxseed. My kids and my husband LOVE them!